David’s Hope International (DHI) is a non-profit organization partnering with Camp Brethren Ministries (CBM) in Kenya to build long-term, sustainable solutions addressing the educational, medical, and spiritual needs of communities there. Both organizations work to provide hope for a better future, while relying on the one true hope we share in Christ.
How David’s Hope Began…
In January 2009, a short-term mission team from Northern Virginia served and fell in love with the people in the remote African village of Eburru, Kenya.
After observing the hopeless cycle of poverty and malnutrition first hand, the team returned home determined to do what they could to help.
Less than a year later, David’s Hope International was born.
What’s Happened Since…
Since that time, we’ve continued to see God do amazing things in the community. Here are just a few:
- The creation of the Camp Brethren Christian School serving over 400 students, preschool through 8th grade
- The opening of a 2nd church
- Providing new access to electricity, clean water, and the internet
- The creation of the CBM orphanage (orphans live among the boarding students in the dormitories where they have a home and family)
- The creation of numerous support groups and ministries serving, among others: single mothers; those effected by HIV/AIDs; and those struggling with alcohol addiction
- The creation of a child sponsorship program
- The transformation of the CBM medical clinic from part-time volunteer staff to several full-time, paid providers
- The (on-going) construction of a high school
- The creation of a pastor’s network and discipleship ministry
Thanks to our growing network of prayer and financial supporters, we have had the privilege of being a part of what God is doing in Eburru and the surrounding region.
We invite you to join with us in rewarding work the Lord is doing!
Want to learn more?
–Read about Pastor Steve, our local partner in Kenya.
Read about David, the young man who represents the story of David’s Hope.