David’s Hope International (DHI) is a non-profit organization partnering with Camp Brethren Ministries (CBM) in Eburru, Kenya to build long-term, sustainable solutions addressing the educational, medical, and spiritual needs of the community there.
Both organizations work to provide hope for a better future in Eburru, while relying on the one true hope we share in Christ.
How DHI Was Started
In January 2009, a short-term mission team from Northern Virginia served and fell in love with the people the remote African village of Eburru, Kenya.
After observing the hopeless cycle of poverty and malnutrition first hand, the team returned home determined to do what they could to help.
Less than a year later, David’s Hope International was born.
What’s Happened Since
Since that time, we’ve continued to see God do amazing things in the community. Here are just a few:
- The creation of the Camp Brethren Christian School serving over 400 students, preschool through 8th grade
- The opening of a 2nd church
- Providing new access to electricity, clean water, and the internet
- The creation of the CBM orphanage
- The creation of a child sponsorship program
- The transformation of the CBM medical clinic from part-time volunteer staff to several full-time, paid providers
- Beginning the construction of a high school
Thanks to our growing network of prayer and financial supporters, we’ve had the privilege of being a part of what God is doing in Eburru.
We invite you to join with us in rewarding work the Lord is doing!
Want to learn more?
–Read about Pastor Steve, our local partner in Kenya.